Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Model Employee

Almost-Partner teased me in front of a pretty intern, about my tie. How it was yellow, as if I was Elvis. Like your teeth which you are showing me, I wanted to say, and spill coffee on his face like how women in Bold and Beautiful splashed wine on faces when they were angry.

I don't remember Elvis in a tie, leave alone a yellow tie but I guess his brains thought to say Elvis would mean someone loud and idiotic. Some MTV avtaar of Elvis he must have seen. I wish Chooha was here.

To make up for the insults over machine-made coffee, I am thinking of sending the intern a mail to show how posh my mind really is. It is something I would say even to my son, before he steps into the workforce. Nothing cute or saracstic, ironical or anything bad.

Dear [Intern],
Good work on the [reasearch.] Here is an extract of one of my all-time favorurite poems. It's about a model employee.

" Advise the prince; no doubt, an easy tool,

Deferential, glad to be of use,

Politic, cautious, and meticulous;

Full of high sentence, but a bit obtuse;

At times, indeed, almost ridiculous—

Almost, at times, the Fool."

The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S. Eliot
***
Nice, na? And the "all-time favourite" implies I know atleast three more poems. This one isn't even from ICSE, it's from the Net.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home