Friday, June 09, 2006

The Client Meeting

This client-meeting with semi-senior is the pits, man. He talks about samosas, Neemrana resorts, some new cell-phone he bought for his wife. The client then gets competetive, and so he talks about better samosas in Calcutta, the best Neemrana (implying Dunstin has checked in at all of them), and that the Best Phones are in Sweden.
Finally, they close the meeting, and I begin to pack the laptop like the bell has run after school, and walk out. Through the glass door, I see Semi-Senior hug the client, and if this was a movie in 1988, they camera would swing around a hundred times like a dizzy mind.
I pass by a mirror- I am carrying the file close to my chest, less like a LL.B., and more like a college girl in UP-Bihar, who uses the file as an opaque dupatta or something, to sort of block the breast-area. They even wear a fake mangalsutra to keep eveteasers away but anyway don't ask how I know all-this.
Anyway I adjust in front of this mirror, and I'm like what the fuck, thank God I saw myself, this idiot is making me a chakka. And I stuff the file in the laptop bag, open the second button of my shirt for extra air, and walk out like a busy man shaking my shoulder in angular directions.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Happy

Your semi-senior sounds like an ogre..and very gay. Stay far away from him.. unless offcourse you want the brownie points.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want brownie points.. try the classic shoulder massage.. it helps ;-)

7:54 AM  
Blogger Witchy Man said...

i want points, but i am confused about what to do. call it a dharma sankat, and imagine me on a chariot asking krishna for advice on workplace issues. but i am part arjun part draupdi here. my deepest fear is that semi-senior will advance more and more if i give him patta, till one day i will lose my heterosexual-virginity. and what if i enjoy it, by any chance? so why take the risk.

8:57 AM  
Blogger Witchy Man said...

i want points, but i am confused about what to do. call it a dharma sankat, and imagine me on a chariot asking krishna for advice on workplace issues. but i am part arjun part draupdi here. my deepest fear is that semi-senior will advance more and more if i give him patta, till one day i will lose my heterosexual-virginity. and what if i enjoy it, by any chance? so why take the risk.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Happy

Keep writing. Its good to hear a guy's perspective on lawyers and law firms.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home