Monday, July 31, 2006

Firang

Today She-Boss is wearing maroon lipstick not pink and she is suited booted with heels so high I always feel she is standing on a ladder when I look at her from my cubicle.
So I know she is meeting with some firang lawyer. She is walking fast, and actually reviewing what we have draft. She is also smiling at us, so now I think it is like those test-teachers (B. Ed.) ones who would be really nice to the class coz they knew the examiner could walk in any time.
[PS I don't mean to be mean but I think for formal meetings some women are best wearing a heavy-sari like Banarsi or something. Otherwise they run the risk of looking bit like hinjraas. I mean not like we go to some law firm in California and Angelina Froster is there wearing a sari, all smiling. It is too much.]

3 Comments:

Blogger orange egg said...

just curious..what did your female boss actually wear? other than maroon lipstick. i have never seen a lady boss at a law firm. is she a desi ally mcbeal? or an auntie with red hair and glittery salwar?

12:31 AM  
Blogger Witchy Man said...

thank god she does not ONLY wear lipstick.

she wears salwars usually, expensive ones which look simple.

she wears suit-boot when some firang is coming into the office, or when she is going for some kick-off meeting or something major.
it's serious gear for her.

1:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a heavy sari?????!!!! dude you got you be kidding.
she is not going to marry the firang lawyer

2:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home