Monday, September 04, 2006

Update

"What's the update on [Deal X]?" Female Associate asked me in front of Female Boss.
Both their earrings stood like mini-lamp shades, and I had to meditate for two seconds to take the situation seriously. One of the lampshades reflected light, and turned emerald green to aqua blue, and other colors I do not have the vocabulary or patience for.
"Um. That's YOUR deal, isn't it? I only helped you for a couple of days. I'm not in the loop atall though I would love to be and frankly expected it. Please do atleast mark me on the mails next time." And I didn't smile. I didn't pretend it was a joke, or a flirt, or a spoof.
The cellphone rang, and Anu Malik's O o o oo o Yeh Kaali Kaali Aakhen destroyed the moment. I cut the call but nevertheless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home