Sunday, April 29, 2007

Thoughts on a Sunday

Sometimes I think work is an orgy in the dark. You don't know who is getting screwed by whom.
Fuck is it whom or who? I hate poor grammar only excuse is tight timelines and all so you can get away putting half things in capitalized which you haven't even defined and other things in capitalized which you will never ever use (like Arre Anurag Srivastav from your batch- unless you SAY he is Ramu noone will know. So you have to put Ramu in brackets.)
Anyway bye for now fuckers go make someone else's life miserable, mine rocks bigtime. Two girls from Orkut who I met in T.C. sent me text messages and OK one was like a mass message but still. Better than getting 80% of your messages from fucking Airtel.
PS- I got to know people from Big 4 read this blog. We don't really think you exist except as one font 10 sized term sheet of Commercial Understanding. So don't act smart at meetings and pretend you have eaten cooler samosas with falafel and all foreign food stuffed inside. I'm more of a Dilli Haat kind of guy and I also write poetry. In fact this weekend I read (other than some Documents) the Humble Admistrator's Garden by Vikram Seth. The book is shaped like Mappings also by Vikram Seth. I mean, same size, font, general drift-it's a precedent almost. He talk of fish meandering among driftwood and how winter rain presses dust into earth. I love him and if I had a sister I would marry her to him. OK now read my poetry and feel intellectual:

Outside is calm
Calm is a word
Calm like the sea
Or the sky
But how serene is the
Restless foam
And the sky
So alone
Calm is a word
And the hollow inside a dead tree
Bleeds ants
And architecture
Also was made
By struggling men
Brick on sweltering brick
Again and again
So calm is a word
A cup of tea
An Agatha Christie mystery
A road bend
A perfectly crafted
DRHP document
Calm is a melody
But how tired must be those notes
(Like dancers forced to perform)
While the listener gloats
Calm is a word
And the fish that rest
Their breasts pressed to watery nests
Will streak the pond`
In a second
You're not surprised
For you have heard
Calm is a four letter word.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sublime, happyass.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home