Monday, August 11, 2008

Girl-Associate

Slapping Girl-Associate who thinks she is superior because she is from Calcutta where school children are forced to speak in English even in tiffin-breaks and has read a few English story-books set in the European Victorian era is writing a thesis on Happy Associate.

I caught an extract of the thesis in a print of an e-mail roughly mapping out the thought.

"...This fortifies my theory that any answer other than "I don't know" is acceptable in the chom [north indian] male sub-culture and there is a social acceptance of soft lies or foolishness which has to be happen to substitute for the phrase. also explains why so many indians lack focus in communication. coz they rarely say what they mean and communication many times serves more to hide than tell. the interesting point being that in certain circumstances the hiding is acceptable to the listener. and one of those circumstances is having to say i don't know in a chom context (male speaker-male listener; male speaker; female listener]"

This may be good for some LLM application; or better still a MA application which can then be stretched to an LLM the next year.

She has been walking around the office with a bored look as if it is my fault that I cannot entertain her enough with my theories of real estate prices, and how India was the best country in the world once. Ofcourse I tried telling her that once and she gave me an answer that made me want to cry to the tune of a patriotic Lata Mangeshkar song. She said with a smirk (thinking she was looking pretty when she just looked retarded and I am cool enough to know R is a bad word) "As if there was an India then".

How can a girl of these values ever hope to attract me? I explained to her obviously I meant the rough boundaries of the civilization. Even in definitions, it's presumed when you define SEBI Act it is "as amended from time to time". She lost the argument and just looked away as if thinking some greatly philosophical thought. There is no way she is fitting into my family. She must look elsewhere.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. frickin' hilarious.

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home