Monday, October 13, 2008

Room Mate

Some guy from my college days is staying with me for a few days. Then he will move into an Alaknanda house, one of those girly-sounding Gangotri-Yamuna yellow buildings.
I would not mind except that he is over-smart. Like when I am watching Big Boss and and it ends and I am too-chilled in that bean bag to, like, change the channel, he's like: Dude, admit it. You only watch Big Boss so you are not caught actively tuning on to Balika Vadhu.

Balika Vadhu is this really odd TV serial right after Big Boss. There is a fierce mother-in-law in it, who looks like a cheetah wearing a Rajasthani ghaghra and standing on two hind feet.

Anyway so I was like, "dude, i'm just being hospitable. i'm doing this for ya so you don't have to go through the awkwardness of ASKING me to tune in to B.V." Thank God for acronyms.


"Wha--?" He made a puzzled face like he was Chandler in Friends. "You know what, you need to get a life. B.V? Dude, you're scaring me!"

I walked into my room and banged the door. Then silence. But it felt too much like an angry wife. So I came out and banged the door again as if to show that was my deal with doors, aggressive and all.

By then, I had missed a few lines in B.V. but he briefed me and we watched it together with a pink newspaper on the laps which we looked into frequently and even discussed Lehman, Nomura etc (during the ad-breaks)

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Am a bit unclear as to whether you are actually what the caption says you are.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A tad unclear if you are really a housewife.

1:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and so were back in delhi?....

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

......"There is a fierce mother-in-law in it, who looks like a cheetah wearing a Rajasthani ghaghra and standing on two hind feet".........WTF?..!

???????????????

dude...your gay. Who's still confused weather to look up manupatra or the library on the ground floor..

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

rohit, get a life please!! of course she is...
in real life of course she is also superman!

4:29 AM  
Blogger Witchy Man said...

always was in delhi except brief visits to other cities and even germany once on a DD.

i'm a lawyer, rohit. the housewife is a sort of female alterego. both lawyer and housewife like to wear black gowns.

4:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dont lie happy...come out of the closet;)

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home